Adventure Group Tour
May 22 – May 31, 2019
Come Join Us!
Ghana, “The Gateway and Heart of West Africa…” You are invited to join us on an imaging adventure to a land rich in history, tradition and culture. Ghana is a land whose people are noted for their warmth, friendliness and hospitality. Ghana’s history spans almost 2000 years, to the riches of the ancient Ghanaian Empire. From the legendary Ashanti Kingdom to the vibrant streets of Accra, you will find virgin beaches, bustling markets, historical sites, exquisite arts and crafts and experience cultural drumming and dancing that will touch your very soul with its intensity. Come relax and enjoy Ghana’s culture, beauty and warmth.
- University of Ghana
Our tour guides will take you around the market district of Cape Coast and you will visit the Cape Coast Castle. The castle is close to the sea and represents one of Ghana’s darkest times in history. The colonial slave Castle was built by the Swedes in 1653. You will interactive with the castle tour guides and get an up close look at dungeons that housed the slaves. The castle also houses the West African Historical Museum, established in 1970; the museum was renovated in 1994 with funding from various local and international organizations, the Government of Ghana and the US Smithsonian Institution.
- Kumasi Villages Dance and Drums
We will hear the sound of drums and the beauty in the culture of the people of the Ashante Kingdom through their indigenous music, drumming and dancing. You witness firsthand, the local dance and culture of the people. They will recount their history through storytelling and folklore. The storyteller will tell you stories about the mischievous Kwaku Ananse and his many tales. You practice playing the drums and learn the steps in the indigenous Adowa dance.
- Kakum National Park
Journey to the central region of Ghana to one of Ghana’s rain forests, the Kakum National Park. This natural forest habitat is one of Africa’s finest national parks. Kakum National Park is also in the Central parts of Ghana. It protects an area of rainforest, home to endangered mammals such as forest elephants, bongo antelopes and primates like the Diana monkey. The park is rich in butterflies and birds, including African grey parrots and hornbills. The highlight of the tour is the walk on the famous canopy in the forest reserve. The Canopy Walkway is suspended 30 meters above the ground and it provides a tree-top view of the forest.
- Labadi Beach and Marketplaces
One of Ghana’s most beautiful beaches is the famous Labadi Beach. The beach offers access to a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean crashing against the shores. People flock to Accra’s most popular beach to play ball games, sand arts, frolic in the surf, and go horse-back riding along the beach. Take a ride on a quad bike for fun and stop to enjoy Ghanaian cuisines served along the
- Bojo Beach Resort
It’s time to head over to the beach for some fun and relaxation. We will visit one of Ghana’s well maintained beaches. It is a great place to sneak away from the busy city of Accra. The beach is becoming a very poplar beach destination for many tourists visiting Ghana. Bask in the sun and get the best sun-tan available on the continent. During the week the beach is a wonderfully tranquil haven and lots of space. However, the weekend and holidays are bustling with locals and visitors alike having a festive time playing volleyball, jet skiing or just relax. You must visit this place if you are in Accra. Nice and picturesque beach you can only access by boat beach.
- Kumasi Craft Villages – Colorful Craftsmanship in Ghana
Our tour guides will treat you to a special visit to the three famous craft villages in the Ashanti Region: Ahwiaa (the wood carvers’ village), Ntonso, the home of the Adinkra symbols and Bonwire, the home of Kente, the pride of the people of Asante and Ghanaians. You will have the opportunity to see how Ghanaian crafts are made and get the chance to learn from the craftsmen how to make these beautiful crafts. You can buy directly from the artisans who make traditional attire from all 10 regions
- Fantasy Coffin Work Shops
We will visit the Seth Kane Kwei Carpentry Workshop studio and other workshops in the area located in Teshie, Ghana. Seth Kane workshop is known for its fantasy coffins that became symbolic of African artistic creativity. These unique crafts have been featured at exhibitions in the Centre Pompidou, the Grande Halle culture center in Paris, the New Museum of Modern Art in New York as well as exhibitions in Belgium and Spain. It is believed in Ghana that the coffins are what truly show the essence of the person to be buried. The coffins are supposed to show what the person did during his life, what his habits were and what he loved. Today there are more than a dozen workshops that manufacture fantasy coffins in Ghana.
- Guided Tour Highlights
- Welcome greetings, transfer from airport or terminal to hotel, relax with leisure day
- Brief orientation by tour and tour guide
- Akosombo Boat Cruise
- Worship at Church with the locals
- Visit the Legon Botanical Garden
- Tours of Cape Coast Slave Castle or Elmina Slave Castle
- Experience the Canopy walk at Kakum National Park
- Experience the Han Crocodile Feeding
- Visit Kumasi Markets & Craft Villages
- Meet Ashanti Chiefs and enjoy Ashanti village dance and drums and craft villages.
- Visit local shopping markets
- Visit to the LaPalm Casino and test your luck (optional)
- Visit to Labadi Beach to have fun
- Visit Bojo Beach to bask in sun, enjoy peace away from hustle & bustle of the city.
- Farewell lunch and departure home
- Arrival and Departure Locations
- Arrivals:You will be picked up at your first point of entry into Ghana from the Kotoka International Airport or Tema Cruise Ship Terminal. We will provide assistance with luggage and escort you to your hotel. You will be able to identify us by looking for placard (Akwaaba! – This Way Africa Welcomes you to Ghana) with the driver’s name on it.
- Departure:You will be dropped off at the Kotoka international airport or TEMA cruise ship terminal
- Tour Duration: 10 Days
- Hotel Accommodations
Hotel accommodations are based on double-occupancy; additional fees will apply for single-occupancy. On group tours we use standard hotel accommodations, unless the entire group request luxury hotels and an additional cost will be added.
- What’s included in the Tour Packages?
- Airport or Cruise terminal roundtrip transfers – (meet and assist with luggage for Arrival and Departures)
- Hotel Accommodations
- Transportation vehicle with driver
- Professional and Experienced Tour Guide
- Tour Attractions Entrance Fees
- Road Levy Fees
- Bottled Water
- Tour Protection Plan for Cancellations (Optional)
- What is Not Included in the Tour Packages?
- Flight Airfare
- Cost of Passport and Visa
- Gratuity to Tour Guide and Driver
- Travel Requirements
- Travelers wishing to visit Ghana are required to present a valid passport and visa. Travelers are encouraged to contact the Embassy of Ghana to determine current visa requirements.
- Yellow fever vaccination required.
- Travel Insurance is optional, but recommended.
- Our Pricing
The prices are based on your choice of standard or luxury accommodations, number of days, tour destinations, private or group tours. *Prices are subject to cost increases if the hotel and transportation cost increases.
We look forward to hearing from you. Come join us on this Adventurous Group Tour!
This Way Africa, Tours Made Easy!